Welcome to Ridgefield Continuing Education
Phone: (203) 431-2812
The best way to reach us at night is through email.
Spring / Summer 2017 brochure was mailed to area residents around March 7 and 8. Extra copies are available at the Venus Building (old high school) and area libraries.
Click Here to Download the complete Spring / Summer 2017 Continuing Ed Brochure in PDF or browse the index to the left.
If you are interested in purchasing a gift certificate for someone,
Please eMail: email@example.com or phone (203) 431-2812.
You can start registering now!
ADVANCED REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED ~ the sooner the better! Classes start at various times year round. Call (203) 431-2812 or click Sign Me Up! for registration information.
For over 30 years Ridgefield Continuing Education has provided courses that contribute to people’s employment, wellness, practical skills, and enrichment. Our programs are funded solely by course tuition and we thank the Ridgefield and nearby residents who enroll in our programs for their support. We provides over 100 courses, each semester, that have helped many people achieve success, whether it be employment or language skills, healthy cooking, fitness, Zen Flexibility, Meso American archaeology, arts and crafts, gardening, guitar, computers, photography, real estate, house and garden, fitness, wellness, art, knitting, history, and many more topics.
Please give some thought to setting aside time each week to explore something you are curious about. Connect with other people as you receive an in-person educational experience as you focus on self improvement and then share your viewpoints with others at a coffee shop or restaurant before or after class.
These courses are available to people age 18 and older that live in Ridgefield and neighboring communities. Please browse our course selection and let us know if you have any suggestions.
The Continuing Education office is in the Venus Municipal Building (use the RVNA entrance off Governor St., across from the Police Station). This location houses the Continuing Education office, all day classes, and all day and evening computer classes, and some of the other evening classes. Evening classes are located in several school buildings.
• Thank you to the Ridgefield Public Schools and the Town of Ridgefield for providing our facility space.
• Thank you to both Sylvia Sturges and Tom Bruno for the beautiful photos for our cover.
• Register early to increase course choices. Don't lose out on a class because you procrastinated, called at the last minute, and found out that it was already cancelled or full.
• We appreciate it when you pay by check because it helps us keep costs down.
• We appreciate it when you register early so that we can let the teacher know early if their class is running. It enables the teacher to plan their class.
• Please do not bring any food, particularly peanuts, nuts, or products containing nuts to class.
• Please mark dates, time, and location on your calendar. Date and location changes will be updated on the web site and students will be notified.
Please contact me if you have any questions. Thank you for your participation and consideration.
Director of Adult Education
To Reach Us
To reach us - feel free to contact
us anytime. If you reach an answering machine, please leave a detailed
message. We're either on another line or teaching a class and will
contact you as soon as possible. You
may send us feedback at any time. Fill out our Survey and either
Email, Fax, Mail, or Phone it to us.
Telephone (with message machine available 24 hours per day): (203) 431-2812
Address - note the office IS NOT at this location (see In-Person Office Location below).
Ridgefield Public Schools - Continuing Education,
Attn: Peggy Bruno
70 Prospect Street
Ridgefield, CT 06877
Education, Venus Bldg. - 2nd floor. Located at the corner of
East Ridge and Governor Street. Enter at the Governor St. entrance
opposite the Police Station. If you are using a GPS, you may "trick it" by using the address 52 Governor Street to get to the parking area and entrance at the Governor St. entrance.
Email (copy this email address into your email if clicking on it does not activate your email)